Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What is the WGU Indiana Chancellor's Club?

WGU Indiana has recently created a Chancellor's Club. It's a secret group where we build homes with mysterious hidden messages and are not allowed to admit to the existence of the group, much less our own membership.

Just kidding, but membership does come with a very cool to go coffee cup that is exclusive to the members of the WGU Indiana Chancellor's Club. Yes, I got one and as you can see by the picture, it is the coolest every to go coffee mug.

But I am an introvert so why did I join a club that is based on promoting the school I graduated from? Honestly, because I promote it anyhow so why not do it with a cool mug in hand?

The Chancellor's Club really boils down to a group of graduates who have seen first hand how awesome WGU Indiana is and want to share that with people who simply don't know. There are tons of online schools and some are even referred to as "diploma mills", so the main question is what makes WGU or WGU Indiana any different than those?

Knowledge and motivation is the best answer I can give.

I don't want to sit and listen to lectures filled with material I already know. I don't want to pay astronomical tuition fees just to visit a discussion board every week that is really nothing more than an attendance method. Because of WGU Indiana, I don't have to do any of that. I learn what  I have to do and then I supplement my exiting knowledge with new knowledge to complete the tasks. In other words, I am actually learning something. Why am I talking in present tense if I am a graduate? Because I was so motivated by my undergrad experience that I chose to move on to my Masters.

No comments:

Post a Comment