Monday, February 17, 2014

First Day of the WGU Indiana Contest

**Contest on hold until there are more participants**


Last week I talked about doing a contest here on the blog and after a bit of technical difficulties, here it is!

First off, it occurred to me that you all might find it odd that I would run a contest offering WGU Indiana swag as the prize because, well...who am I? Really, I'm no one important, just someone who is in the master program and graduated from WGU Indiana. I love this school and until they give me a reason not to, I'll promote it. If you want to know more about me or why I have a blog at all, feel free to visit Student of Motherhood.
WGU Indiana swag prizes

Since I have Lose the Wait swag and WGU Indiana has put a lot of effort into promoting the Lose the Wait concept, which is basically a "what are you waiting for?" kind of push to help people get started  in school and even includes the Lose the Wait scholarship, this contest is going to involve a lot of numbers.

Here are the contest rules:
Wednesday, Friday, and Monday there will be questions asked, starting today, Wednesday, February 19, 2014. Answer the questions in the comments. I will record the answers you give. On the day of the new questions, I'll give the answers once the entry time is over, at 5 o'clock CST on the day following the questions. For example, the entry time ends for today's question at 5 P.M. CST Friday.

The person with the most correct answers wins the top prize, the next in line wins the second place prize, and the third in line wins the third place prize. If there is a tie at any point, the winner will be selected via random drawing and the person who loses the draw will go on to the next slot.

I'll announce the winners next Wednesday, here on the blog.

Today's questions:
What year was WGU Indiana established?
and...
How much is the Lose the Wait scholarship worth?

As for the prizes, they include a lightbulb clock that glows in the dark, pen with digital clock embedded, and a Lose the Wait t-shirt...at least. WGU Indiana was kind enough to donate these prizes and I happen to have a bit of swag around here myself that I will probably throw in.

Cool fun fact: Some prizes that you win through this contest and the WGU Facebook contests can only be obtained through winning them; you cannot purchase them.

Have fun and good luck!

Disclaimer: If the blog owner determines that there are not enough participants, the contest is cancelled and the prizes will be used later for another contest.



1 comment:

  1. Just a note: You don't have to be a student to join the contest. In fact, if you aren't a student and you submit and answer or respond to the contest at all, I'll give a you code to waive the application fee.

    ReplyDelete